The position of Senior Compliance Officer is a new position within NewDay USAs Compliance Team and will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer. This position will have exposure to a wide variety of management level employees throughout the Company. This position primarily is responsible for supporting the Company’s residential mortgage loan operations which focuses primarily on Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA) s as they apply to mortgage loan operations.
• Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of an effective mortgage lending regulatory risk framework that includes an internal control structure, training, monitoring, and assessment, and resolution tracking and reporting of issues.
• Maintain an advanced awareness of regulatory and legislative developments and industry trends; review with and suggest policy and procedural changes to Management; assist with and coordinate the implementation of changes.
• Develop compliance training material and trains employees to implement the processes of the mortgage lending related compliance programs.
• Provide mortgage division’s quality assurance and underwriting groups with direction and guidance necessary to maintain compliance with the Federal and State regulations.
• Coordinate with operations and compliance staff to facilitate state and federal regulatory examinations
• Coordinate the implementation of audit recommendations with the affected parties
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Minimum of 7 to 10 years mortgage banking experience and lending compliance-related programs.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of federal and state lending regulations.
• Knowledge of appropriate software systems, including compliance, and banking and mortgage application software.
• CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager) designation preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to cope with a rapidly changing regulatory in a leadership capacity.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish trusted partnerships at all organizational levels.
• Flexibility and willingness to work with challenging timelines.
• Self-directed professional with attention to detail and excellent planning and prioritization skills.